A subwoofer is designed to reproduce low-frequency music in order for you to bask in another level of fun and enjoyment. A subwoofer for cars can instantly change the mood of your next joyride. Just imagine jamming to your favorite songs while driving on a road that’s in between a green field and mountains on one side. No traffic, just smooth roads, a touch of sunshine and constant fresh air running through your face.
All of a sudden, your favorite song plays on the radio; the song that reminds you of someone special or a starry, starry night. You then start nodding your head to the rhythm and begin drowning yourself to wonderful thoughts. When you raise the music’s volume, that’s when you realize you didn’t get the incredible feeling you once had listening to the same song.
That’s when you know you need the best subwoofer for cars. Contrary to what most people think, the best subwoofers for cars aren’t just for punks who don’t have any regard for their neighborhood. It’s true that subwoofers can get crazy loud. However, it is up to you as to how you use them. If what you want is to finally be able to enjoy songs more while you drive or you need a stereo system that will wake you up during a nighttime drive, then we suggest you get the best subwoofer for cars.
Reviews of the Best Subwoofer for Cars
A car’s audio system won’t be complete without the best subwoofer for cars for lots of good reasons. People who love music as much as we do and have knowledge on how different stereos work know that the best subwoofers for cars add the finishing touch to the output of stereo systems. If you want to significantly raise the quality of the music you hear, you need some of the best subwoofers available.
Since not all of us know which exactly is the best subwoofer to purchase, we’ve picked out the best ones after we’ve researched, tested, and analyzed every single one that’s flying off the shelves lately. Have a good look below.
8-inch Car Subwoofers: Top 3
Find our top 3 listings for 8-inch car subwoofers below. Be sure to read our full, in-depth article and buyers guide on the best 8-inch car subwoofers.
#1 : Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8″
- 8" Dual 2-Ohm Punch Series Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer
- Power Handling: Peak: 300 watts / RMS: 150 watts
- Impedance: Dual 2 ohms
- Top-mount depth: 2-11/16"
- Frequency response: 38-250 Hz
In every comprehensive review of the best subwoofers for cars, you can be sure that Rockford’s product or two would be in it as it is undoubtedly among the popular car audio brands. The build and quality of our top pick, Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8, is one of the company’s best product yet. It’s even one of the best that are currently available in the market. One reason why we love this product is because it is a compact woofer which delivers deep bass. On top of that, you won’t have to cash in all your savings as it is rather affordable!
Fosgate’s P3SD2-8 8-inch Woofer delivers a punch of deep bass even during settings with limited depth. This has been the goal of the product’s reputable manufacturer, which they have done seamlessly. In the past, a shallow mount meant no bass. But, things are very different today. Even a shallow mount can spit out tight bass through dual voice configurations.
- It’s perfect for a vehicle that is spatially challenged;
- It produces beautiful low-end frequencies;
- Very affordable for a quality product
- The bass is more on the subtle side, not fit for bassheads
#2 Skar Audio ZVX-8 D2 8″ 900W
- 8-inch dual 2 ohm SPL car subwoofer
- Peak power: 900 watts
- RMS power : 400 watts
- Competition grade pressed paper cone with stitched high roll foam surround
- Massive triple stack magnet | 2.5" voice coil
Skar Audio has produced an insanely powerful woofer that’s already known for spitting 900W of just raw power. The ZVX-8 D2 8″ 900W RMS Dual 2 SPL Car Subwoofer of Skar Audio was engineered to shake up everything surrounding it. We recommend this one for those who consider themselves as audiophiles, crazy about bass.
This Skar Audio subwoofer features a dual voice coil configuration. If you want a mini earthquake right inside your very vehicle as you turn the volume up, you would love this 4 Ohm subwoofer as it combined high-temperature voice coil with a 156 OZ triple-stack ferrite motor. On our list, this is the 2nd best subwoofer for cars as its power handling is an incredible 900 Watts RMS. Impressive, isn’t it? Also, the featured paper cone in this subwoofer is competition grade one. When you combine that with a high roll foam-stitched surround, you have a subwoofer that produces hair-raising bass that you thought you wouldn’t hear out of an 8 incher.
Because of its 85.2 dB sensitivity value, this woofer is a great addition to a ride that’s being pimped with an excellent sounding audio system. Also, with its ultra-low distortion design and speaker push terminals that are heavy duty, you’ll be able to max out your woofer’s volume without worrying that you might damage it.
- For its cost, you get an excellent deal as it is one of the best woofers for cars;
- Its performance is similar to that of high-end subwoofers;
- Its 900 Watts RMS power handling is high in its price range
- The bass can be a bit overpowering for some people
#3 CT Sounds Meso 8 Inch Car Subwoofer 800w
- Double stitched treated paper cone
- Composite foam
- 2.5" Dual voice coil
- Mounting depth 6.6"
- Grade Y35 magnet
CT Sounds is one of the brands known for continually rolling out a diversified range of car audio products. As we’ve been in the industry for years, we know that the company’s woofers are famous for being effective and efficient with power. Also, every single one of their products spit out booming bass that’s crisp and clear. Meso 8 Inch Car Subwoofer 800w RMS Dual 4 Ohm by CT Sounds is yet another incredible product produced by the brand. We know one thing for sure with this one: it’ll surely shake up a vehicle with all the tight lows it’ll produce.
Just like its predecessors, Meso 8-inch D4 subwoofer, the latest in CT Sounds’ Meso series, lives up to all of our expectations, which is why it’s ranked as the 3rd placer on our list of the best subwoofers for cars. It consumes 800 Watts RMS and incorporates 2.5 inch voice coil within its core. It has balanced power and perfection with its build and specs, which means you are going to hit the low bass notes you’ve been looking for.
The Meso 8-inch D4 subwoofer has a dual resistive voice coil that has a max power cap of 1,600 Watts. Also, it features Y35 Graded Triple-Stacked Ferrite Magnet that’s considered as the best magnet for subwoofers. Its robust and sturdy arm-styled basket frame can handle audio frequencies of an amplifier’s highest rated inputs without inflicting any damage to the subwoofer.
- Its peak power capacity is an enormous 1,600 Watts
- It can handle low frequencies with an ease
- It is prone to overheating after extended uses
10-inch Car Subwoofers: Top 3
Find our top 3 listings for 10-inch car subwoofers below. Be sure to read our full, in-depth article and buyers guide on the best 10-inch car subwoofers.
#1 Boss CH10DVC 10″ 3000W
- New Boss CH10DVC 10" 3000W Car Subwoofer (Pair)
- 1500 Watt Max (3000 Watt per Pair)
- Polypropylene Cone
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Dual Voice Coils
For the 10-incher category, we’ve picked this subwoofer as the best as it is complete with all the things you need for an incredible car subwoofer system with its two subwoofers, an installation kit, an amplifier, and a subwoofer enclosure.
The subwoofers have a rating of 1,500 max (each) and they feature dual voice coils, a polypropylene cone, and a butyl rubber surround. The two channel amplifier boasts of a maximum power of 1,600 Watts. Its RMS power, on the other hand, is 750 watts. Getting this product gets you a complete package that has a dual-sealed 10″ subwoofer box. It allows air space of 1.4 cubic feet per chamber. With its charcoal carpet covering, you also get a subdued dash of elegance and style.
Aside from what we already mentioned, the kit comes with its own power cables, speaker wire, and ground cable. Basically, everything that you need to have a fantastic subwoofer system is already provided by the company. If you don’t believe us, then you certainly will when you receive a hi/low pass crossover, bass remote control, and MOSFET power supply with your package. This complete kit is best used or installed by people who are adept at electronic installation.
- It has a solid, stylish, and durable Q-power subwoofer box
- It’s a complete subwoofer system
- This 10″ subwoofer is capable of reaching the lowest of tones
- Its assembly can confuse amateurs
#2 Rockford Fosgate P3D2-10
- Features 2.50 Inch Copper Clad Aluminum Voice Coil
- VAST Vertical Attached Surround For Increased Cone Area
- Features Flex Fit Basket Design
- Thermal Anodized Aluminum Cone
- 500 Watts RMS 1000 Watts Peak Power Rating
The second-best subwoofer for cars on our list would be Rockford Fosgate’s P3D2-10 Punch P3. It’s a 10-inch dual power subwoofer, capable of handling power of up to a thousand. This one is somehow different compared to all other subwoofers you can purchase in the market. We say this because it has spider venting, a Vast Technology system, anodized aluminum cone, Dust Caps, and Flexfit basket. What has made us decide to include this subwoofer on our list of the best subwoofers for cars is its Vertical Attach technology which boosts the radiating cone area to 25%!
Still, the list of impressive features does not end here as it also comes complete with a hybrid stamp-cast basket. This basket increases the subwoofer’s strength while lessening the weight load. Also, its heavy-duty anodized aluminum cone will give you a product that guarantees better performance. But, it is not just the performance you’ll love as it is guaranteed to last long as well.
You will be able to install Rockford Fosgate’s subwoofer in any type of vehicle. As we’ve tested this out for ourselves, we have been impressed by the quality of its peach, bass, and clarity. This product is sure to satisfy bassheads. However, it’ll do you good to remember this: when you reach the maximum wattage level, your walls will shake and rattle! This subwoofer was truly made to offer impressive performance and great power.
- It’s light and handy – the optimal size for the best subwoofers for cars
- Its dual voice coil can provide high-level performance
- Its quality is similar to that of higher-end models
- The stitched tinsel can withstand fatigue, high current, and heavy-duty cycles
- Specific low frequencies can’t be delivered by the woofer
#3 JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10″
- 10" Single 4 Ohm W3v3 Series Subwoofer
- Peak: 600 watts | RMS: 300 watts
- Impedance: Single 4 Ohm
- Top Mount Depth: 5.93"
- Cutout Diameter: 9.0625"
The 10W3v3 of JL Audio is among the best subwoofers for cars in the world. It is because it’s been properly thought of by the company and it has a reasonable price. It is, therefore, sure to give you the best value for your money. It’s a simple-looking subwoofer at the 10-inches range and it peaks at 600 watts. As for its RMS power, it’s at 300 watts. If you want a top-class sound quality out of your car stereo, we suggest you get this subwoofer in JL Audio’s w3 series.
The innocent type of design this subwoofer comes with can easily fool anybody. But, you’ll be surprised when you see it deliver an outstanding performance even at the normal power level. It’ll give you a sound quality that’s sharp and clear – your heart will jump from your chest! But, high power always cause overheating. When this subwoofer gets hot, its cooling frame design will help in reducing the extra power that cause occasional glitches. What we love about this particular subwoofer and the reason why we’ve been so amazed by it is its price and the fact that it can handle 100 degrees of heat without a hitch!
This subwoofer has a compact size with 100 watts of handling and extra-long voice coil. It also offers incredible linear excursion, full user control, and low-high power handling. Still, this subwoofer will provide you with 84.87 dB sensitivity and 25-259Hz frequency response.
Overall, it’s a good product to purchase as it can easily fit any vehicle. Although it is relatively small in size, its high-power punch will beat other top-notch subwoofers in significant sizes. Add that with the affordable cost of getting this subwoofer, you will never regret your purchase.
- The sounds that the woofer provides are sharp and clear
- The high RMS level with 600W output ensure that every beat is produced and pronounced
- Good for tight, clean, articulate, and simple bass
- Its quality ensures long-term usage
- Some people think that the price should be lower
12-inch Subwoofers: Top 3
Find our top 3 listings for 12-inch car subwoofers below. Be sure to read our full, in-depth article and buyers guide on the best 12-inch car subwoofers.
#1 JL Audio 12″ Single 3-Ohm Subwoofer (12W7AE3)
- 12" Single 3 ohm W7 Series Subwoofer
- Plateau-reinforced spider attachment
- Radially cross-drilled pole piece
- Top Mount Depth: 9-1/2"
- Cutout Diameter: 10-1/2"
Our top pick is a 12-inch 3 Ohm single car subwoofer, and it’s very popular amongst car enthusiasts. The brand, JL Audio, offers lots of other options in different price ranges, but we’ve found this one to be the best 12-inch subwoofer for cars. This one is especially great for its smooth and powerful bass. You’ll be very happy with its output as you enjoy your favorite songs, both new and old. Try this one and you’ll be amazed as to how it transforms the quality of songs.
As for visual appearances, the subwoofer has a highlighted black frame made of satin with a silver anodized ring. It has 2000 watts for peak power, capable of handling 1000 watts RMS. The main weapon of this powerful subwoofer is made up of six special technologies: elevated frame cooling, cross-drilled pole-piece, Plateau-reinforced spider attachment, W-con, OverRoll, and floating cone attach method.
Its W-cone is surrounded with polyester foam, increasing its durability and reducing noise. As for its cross-drill pole piece, it has 10.5 and 9.5 inches as cutout width and top mount depth. The pole piece brings high, yet controllable power that can create accurate bass notes. Remember: this subwoofer is only for cars that are capable of handling a power handling of 2,000 Watts.
Due to its power range, it is bit expensive and heavy. It is 25 lbs. in weight and 10x12x12″ in diameter. because of its size and power, it generates a good amount of heating while it’s running. Keep it in a place where it’ll be able to breathe and it will be an ideal option for you to use.
- It is great for any type of music and vehicle
- The cone is strong and it responds quickly for a more accurate bass
- Good for flawless performance
- It is a bit heavy for a 12-inch subwoofer
#2 Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12
- Features 2.25 Inch Copper Clad Aluminum Voice Coil
- VAST Vertical Attached Surround For Increased Cone Area
- Features Flex Fit Basket Design
- Kevlar Fiber Reinforced Paper Cone,400 Watts RMS 800 Watts Peak Power Rating
- Hazmat yes,item non returnable
Rockford Fosgate, as you may already now, is a trusted car stereo brand. The 2nd placer on our list of the best subwoofers for cars, the P2D4-12 Punch P2 DVC by Rockford Fosgate, has a lot to put on the table. Its dual voice coil comes with paper cones that are Kevlar fiber-reinforced for bass that you’ll feel even in your bones. The company used its VAST tech to provide a 25 percent increase in the product’s surface cone. What’s more, it includes a diamond-cut aluminum ring.
The Punch Series of Rockford Fosgate has been known to produce massive bass tones while maintaining stylish designs. Its Flex Fit Basket creates high-density surround sound. As for its Nomex reinforced collar and high-temp voice coils, they allow extended play. It is important to note that it has 800 watts of peak power rating and 400 watts RMS.
- Flex fit basket can be adjusted
- One-year limited warranty
- VATS surface cone
- Extended use will increase the risk of electrical shorts
#3 MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt
- Houses two 12-Inch Terminator subwoofers, TNP212D2, or a vented enclosure
- Ideal solutions for anyone looking to add bass to their vehicle
- Ruggedly constructed using 5/8" MDF and aviation grade black carpet
- 5/8" MDF Construction
For audiophiles, they have no problem dropping tons of money to purchase a stereo component. However, for subwoofer newbies, they may be reluctant to use up all of their savings on a subwoofer. Fortunately, MTX’s TNE212D is a reliable, high-performing subwoofer that doesn’t come with a heavy price tag. It’s designed to be a good first-buy for newbies with a modest budget.
With several decades of experience in the industry, the company, MTX, has managed to maintain a sterling reputation. Now, they’re one of the best developers of stereo components and speakers. The brand’s TNE212D is a complete kit which contains a dual 12-inch sealed enclosure with one terminal cup.
Each subwoofer is capable of handling 200 watts RMS power. Its spider plateau venting is tasked to cool the voice coil and allow safe performance for extended periods of time.
The dust caps, which are made of polypropylene, are durable enough to endure the bumpiest of roads. As for the subwoofer’s enclosure, it is made of 5/8-inch medium density fiberboard. The medium density board allows it to contain a low-frequency sound unlike thinner boards. What is great about this best subwoofer for cars is its aircraft-grade carpeting which protects the speakers and add an understated style.
The durability of TNE212D is all the proof that you need to realize that you won’t have to spend thousands of bucks just to get the big sounds that you’re after. It is easily among the best priced subwoofers for cars around.
- Its medium-density fiberboard is durable and long-lasting
- Offers great value
- It’s an all-in-one kit with enclosure and speakers
- Its spider plateau venting aids constant air flow
- Amp is not included in the kit
15-inch Subwoofers: Top 3
Find our top 3 listings for 15-inch car subwoofers below. Be sure to read our full, in-depth article and buyers guide on the best 15-inch car subwoofers.
#1 Kicker Comp 43C154 15″ 500W Car Subwoofer
- 500 Watt MAX
- 250 Watt RMS
- Impadance: Single 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 90.3 dB
- Frequency Response: 25 500 Hz
Go big or go home, right? This Kicker 15-inch subwoofer for cars is something you’d want to get your hands on as it comes ready to rock! It comes with a single-vented sub-box together with the best subwoofer for cars that you’re so after. The box has an airspace of 2.7 cubic feet. As for its vented design, it helps increase the sound output and prevent it from overheating. The total size of its enclosure is 12×16.25×18 inches. Since it is made of MDF wood, it is strong enough to endure constant bangs and bumps. The enclosure’s mounting depth, if you’re interested, is 7 7/15″.
Inside the enclosure, you’ll find the 43C154 subwoofer of Kicker that has a max wattage of 600 watts and RMS power of 300 watts. It’s a single 4 Ohm subwoofer that has a unique ribbed surround, which helps prevent blowout at a sustained high volume.
Not a lot of people find this subwoofer too big. However, if you are interested in having a subwoofer that’s the loudest on the block, then you would certainly love this model from a reputable manufacturer of stereo components, Kicker.
- It will provide you with the maximum volume
- Its ribbed surround can help prevent blowout
- It has a strong enclosure
- This subwoofer’s large footprint will require lots of space
#2 Power Acoustik MOFO-154X MOFO
- 2.5" Dual 4-Ohm 4-Layer Voice Coil, Royal Blue Finish with Diamond Cut Accents, Die Cast Aluminum Voice Coil Heatsink
- Non-Pressed Pulp Cone, Polyether Foam Surround
- Nickel Plated 8ga Compression Wire Terminals, Dual Poly-Cotton Spiders, Die-Cast Aluminum Frame, Vented Pole Piece
The brand, Power Acoustik, makes tweeters, speakers, amps, and the best subwoofers for cars. The 2nd placer on our list of the best subwoofers for cars, MOFO-154X MOFO, is a 15-inch woofer from the company that they made sure stays affordable for audiophiles. We don’t really think this is better than our top pick, but it will give you a good deal for what it is worth. This is the ideal option for people who like cranking up the bass inside their cars without blowing a sack full of money.
This 15-incher has dual 4 Ohm voice coils with 170 ounce of strontium magnet structure. You’ll find the voice coils in royal blue, which makes them look trendy and hip. As for the aluminum heat sink, yes, you guessed it right, it keeps the heat to appropriate levels during usage. The dust caps, on the other hand, are made of aluminum stiffeners. The cone is the best combination of polypropylene and paper. All these materials ensure that users have better sound quality during operation.
What has made us realize that this is one of the best subwoofers for cars is its capability of handling 3,000W as its maximum power and 1,700W of RMS power. That has made this product a big deal considering the fact that it has a low price.
This subwoofer’s sensitivity rating is 87 dB – slightly higher than the average. Overall, we can truly say that this is the best subwoofer for cars for those who want to get that bass without breaking the bank. Of course, your vehicle must be able to accommodate its size.
- It comes with a comprehensive 1-year warranty
- Fairly cheap
- It has good aesthetics
- Offers you with dual voice coils
- High power handling
- The installation of this subwoofer can be hard for a beginner
#3 Rockford Fosgate T1D415 1000 Watts RMS 2000 Watts Peak Subwoofer
- Features 3 Inch Copper Clad Aluminum Voice Coil
- Die Cast Aluminum Frame
- SWIFT Selectable Woofer Impedance Fused Terminal
- VAST Vertical Attached Surround For Increased Cone Area
- 1000 Watts RMS 2000 Watts Peak Power Rating
Personally, this is our favorite but it is an expensive subwoofer. The high price is due to its brand, Rockford Fosgate. When you purchase this product, we would still say it’s a good buy as you are buying a subwoofer that is guaranteed to deliver the best results. This exceptional subwoofer also comes with the highest quality of materials.
This subwoofer takes on low frequency, which is great. This 15-incher is made of Kevlar fiber-reinforced paper. Its dust cap, on the other hand, is made of hardened aluminum to protect the cone. Because of the material, this subwoofer is close to indestructible. The manufacturer, Rockford Fosgate, makes use of a technology that can increase the cones by up to 25%, making bigger bass and pushing more air.
Furthermore, it has its own radial heat sink placed on top of its magnet. Since the specially-made copper heat sink can radiate the heat away, the voice coil gets to stay cool regardless of how long you use it. With this product, which is one of the best subwoofers for cars, you get more bass output and more power handling.
- Has SWIFT-patented terminals to allow you to use the sub with a multi-subwoofer system
- Comes with a comprehensive warranty
- Built with high-quality materials
- VAST surround
- It is quite expensive, but it is justified by its quality and output
Underseat Subwoofers: Top 3
Find our top 3 listings for underseat car subwoofers below. Be sure to read our full, in-depth article and buyers guide on the best underseat subwoofers.
#1 Alpine Electronics PWE-S8
- 8-inch subwoofer and 120W amplifier, housed together in a cast aluminum enclosure
- The compact size measures just 13.5" L x 9" W x 3" D so it can be installed under or behind a seat in a truck, in a sedan's trunk or in an SUV's hatch
- 32Hz-150Hz frequency response, Power Rating: 120W RMS
- RCA and Auto-sensing Speaker Level Inputs are located on the side panel, along with controls for Phase, Gain, LP Crossover and Remote Sub Level
- The PWE-S8 is an Authorized Online Product Sold By and Shipped from Amazon; visit the store locator on the Alpine USA website for professional installation
If you’re on the search for a small-sized subwoofer that is capable of giving off the crisp and clean sound that you are after, then you’re in luck! That is exactly what Alpine Electronics’ product designers had in mind as they created PWE-S8, one of the best subwoofers for cars around.
The PWE-S8 is just 3 inches deep and 13.5 inches long; therefore, it will fit under the seats of your car nicely. Even if you have a sportscar, you can rest assured that it’ll fit. The subwoofer comes with its own cast aluminum casing. It’s also capable of producing 120 Watts RMS.
This model is relatively easy to install: all you have to do is connect the subwoofer to your car’s sound system with the use of the RCA or speaker level inputs.
- It’s very small so you can easily install it under the seat of your car
- This model is capable of producing a clear sound
- The low-frequency response never fails to surprise those who will enter your car if you have it installed
- Although this model is incredible, some people find its price steep
#2 KICKER 11HS8 8″ 150W
- RMS Power: 150 Watts
- Ultra-compact powered subwoofer system designed for tight locations
- Dimension: 13 7/8 x 9 3/8 x 3 1/8
- 8-inch internal subwoofer
- 150-watt (RMS, 14.4v) power amplifier
We all love subwoofers that are easy to install – even audiophiles. The 11HS8 from Kicker comes with the sough-after plug-and-play installation, which means you can just hook this one up to your car’s stereo system and you’re ready to go!
The product is just 3 inches thick and 14 inches wide. It’ll easily fit under the seat of your car without sticking out. This 8-inch wide subwoofer produces 150 Watts RMS.
What made us decide to include this on our list of the best subwoofers for cars is its ease of installation. As a matter of fact, it is its main selling point apart from the quality of its output. This subwoofer also comes with multiple nylon straps so you can easily install it.
- The kit comes with a Kicker remote control, so you can adjust bass levels as how you like them
- The unit has been specifically designed to install quickly and easily. It’ll only take you a few minutes to set it up
- There have been complaints about not receiving what they ordered on time. Fortunately, the seller and Amazon responds timely
#3 Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt
- Rockville RW10CA 800 Watt 10" Slim Car Subwoofer.
- 800 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. PWM MOSFET Power Supply.
- Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology.
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On.
- Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit.
If you are looking for slim subwoofers that will easily fit your car, then RW10CA of Rockville is one of your best options. It’s just 10 inches wide and 2.7 inches thick, giving you the assurance that it will fit the underseat of your sportscar.
This subwoofer is one of the best subwoofers for cars around as it is capable of producing a peak power of 800 watts and 200 watts RMS. What’s good about this product is the quality of the sound it produces.
Just like most underseat subwoofers, this Rockville subwoofer is easy to install. Because of its high-level input, there is no need for you to take out the receiver. Just use the input that’ll be provided to you and wire the product to your speakers.
- Its installation is quick and easy – you don’t have to use myriads of cables that can easily confuse beginner installers
- Has an auto turn on and off feature – it’ll turn off by itself if it detects that it is no longer in use
- You need to ensure that the subwoofer has been installed properly and tightened snugly or else its sound quality will get affected negatively
Shallow Mount Subwoofer: Top 3
Find our top 3 listings for the best shallow mount car subwoofers below. Be sure to read our full, in-depth article and buyers guide on the best underseat subwoofers.
#1 PIONEER TS-SW2502S4
- Pioneer 10-Inch 1200W Max Single 4-Ohm Shallow Mount Series Subwoofer
- Mica-injected resin cone
- Power range: 100-300 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- Frequency response: 20-125 Hz
- Mounting depth: 3-1/8"
Forget about chunky and clunky underseat combos if you don’t want subwoofers that take up valuable space inside your vehicle. We’ve tried some of the best underseat subwoofers, but they begin crackling out as you turn up the volume. Of course, the ones we listed above are the exception which is why they’ve been listed as the best underseat subwoofers for cars.
When you want a new model that’ll match up to your revamped sound system, don’t settle for anything that won’t give you intensely clear projection of bass. The subwoofer that you should get must be the one that is capable of keeping up with the stereo system you already have. Fortunately, Pioneer’s TS-SW2502S4 won’t disappoint.
Its 300 Watts RMS gives you the assurance that its power range can be pushed to the limit. Because we’re some of those people who love turning it up, the product’s peak power of 1,200 watts is perfect as it allows us to push the volume up without compromising a song’s end transmission.
- Has a steady 20-125 Hz frequency response
- The shallow sub design makes it capable of fitting into tight spaces
- Very lightweight even when its cone is made of resin injected with mica
- You’ll have to know how to fit the sub on a standard box hole to install the subwoofer
#2 Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-10
- M-Roll Santoprene surround
- StampCast basket with integrated spider venting
- Anodized aluminum cone and dustcap
Personally, I like listening to all music genres; from jazz beats to techno tracks, I love them all. It is, therefore, inevitable for me to blast the radio a couple of times per drive. Still, I know one thing for sure: I pay close attention to a solid bass line. With inadequate car speakers, the songs that have rich bass get muddy, which is a drag especially when I’m in a joyride. Fortunately, Rockford Fosgate’s P3SD4-10 gets me the sound quality that I badly need.
This subwoofer gives you all you need for a subwoofer in a small package, making it one of the best subwoofers for cars. What we love most about this product is that even when it is shallow compared to some subwoofers, the sound transmission won’t be compromised. There is absolutely no distortion when you use this Rockford Fosgate shallow mount subwoofer even when the bass has been turned to the max settings!
- Comes with a dust cap and anodized aluminum cone
- It has a spider-vented basket design
- The Santoprene surround can keep your subwoofer in place and maintain sound clarity
- Although it’s a great subwoofer, it won’t make your vehicle rock and thump compared to more expensive models
#3 JL Audio 10tw3-d4
- 10TW3-D4 - JL Audio 10" Dual 4-Ohm W3 Thin-Line Series Subwoofer
- Power Handling: RMS: 100-400 watts
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- High-roll rubber surround
- Top-mount depth: 3-1/4"
There are lots of options you’d be tempted to purchase if you are on the lookout for shallow mount subwoofers, but of course, you’ll only need one. Since the market is riddled with quality subwoofers, you’ll have a hard time deciding on which one to buy. What convinced us to add this to our list of the best subwoofers for cars is the fact that it delivers consistently good sound. Regardless of when you fiddle with your stereo’s volume knob, you won’t be let down by this shallow mount subwoofer from JL Audio. Now, you can finally mess with your equalizer while in traffic without fearing that you might lose that clear and crisp music you love.
Although it’s a shallow mount subwoofer, this JL Audio product provides excellent bass all thanks to its wide range of power handling. If you haven’t decided on what to get yet, get your hands on this now as it projects basslines as clearly and as accurately; it is as if you’ve been keeping professional equipment with you! This one is a car-shaker woofer, so get one now!
- Comes with rear and dust caps
- Its cone is made of polypropylene filled with mica to give it density and strength
- Guarantees 400 Watts RMS
- This shallow mount sub is on the expensive side, but it’s worth every penny you spend on it
How We Chose the Best Subwoofers for Cars
If you’re fond of music, then you can appreciate a good car subwoofer. Not all subwoofers have been made equal as they all differ from each other. To find out which ones are the best to use (as we only deserve nothing but the best), we’ve looked into the essential factors that give the best subwoofers for cars the advantage like the following:
The best subwoofers for cars give the user control in raising the level of the volume from low to extended. Most of the subwoofers we’ve mentioned above can even be raised to the point that your windows break. Apart from a subwoofer’s destruction level, it has to let you hear music at any level without any interruption.
Better Sound Quality
The best subwoofers for cars influence the quality of sound by adding bass. The effects of bass are vital for any audio file.
The subwoofer that stands out works extra hard to reduce disturbances that can significantly reduce the overall sound quality of a stereo system.
The best subwoofers for cars are suitable for any music genre that you play may it be metal, jazz, or orchestra. Their ability to be incorporated with any type of music system lets you enjoy the advantages they bring about. The best subwoofers for cars can also be used for extended periods of time
The Best Car Subwoofer Brands
If you’re thinking of getting a subwoofer that can be used inside your vehicle, then you must know which brands are the trusted names in the industry. Take a look at some of the reputable companies known to make the best subwoofers for cars.
JL Audio is among the brands that offer high quality subwoofers that can perform without a hitch. The quality of their products has been used by newcomers in the industry as the benchmark. The company conquers new milestones every single day when it comes to the efficiency of their production and effectivity of their products, making them a reliable manufacturer of car subwoofers.
Alpine is also included on the list of trusted subwoofer brands as every single one of their products handle extreme, solid bass without fail. As for their recent models, they have already been proven to be dependable and durable. Also, the brand offers impeccable customer service. They are just a call away if you have questions, concerns or problems.
Any list of the best subwoofer brands contains Rockford Fosgate. The company has been known for decades as they produce budget-friendly subwoofers in different sizes. When you get a product from them, you can be sure that it will arrive with low distortion and superior quality. If you want a safe product that is guaranteed to never fail, we suggest you get any product from Rockford Fosgate.
Our Final Thoughts
If you’re planning an adventurous trip or an excursion, you’ll find yourself at the mercy of a quality subwoofer as your trip will never be as fun without one of the best subwoofers for cars. If it’s not fun or thrill that you are looking for, using a subwoofer as you play songs that soothe the human soul will help you relax. By now, you already know what to buy. Don’t worry as all of the products that we’ve mentioned above have been tested by experts (and us, of course). That means you can finally add a quality subwoofer to your car and your next drive! Enjoy an enhanced listening experience with the best subwoofers for cars.